SPS can provide both route pick up/drop off and central-location pick up/drop off.
- To assist SPS, PTSA Facilities Director Mark Meuter and I will work with PTSA to design a survey for QAE parents to identify transportation needs for next year. If there are any volunteers to help us craft a survey, please contact Mark Meuter at email@example.com
- There will be both route pick up (as there is now) and central location pick up. We will work with SPS Transportation to identify possible sites for central location pick up, such as Queen Anne Community Center and Little Howe Park. This means that families inside and outside the GeoZone will have the option of coming to a central location for pick up/drop off on Queen Anne hill.
- Once SPS has QAE survey information and the April database for next year’s registration is available, then SPS will be able to plan routes and inform families in the spring.
- If there is a desire for central location pick up, we will need to have parents sign up to supervise the drop off/pick-up site on a regular basis to make this work for all of our families.
- PTSA and I will work with SPS to coordinate possible bussing for PTSA-organized Enrichment Programs.
- As anticipated, KidsCo families will pick up students at John Marshall next year.
- In September, we need to be prepared for minor adjustments to route pick up/drop off locations and time revisions as needed in the first few weeks of September. Anticipating this will be important as we establish safe, dependable routes for students. Thanks to all QAE families for your collaborative support in planning our transportation to John Marshall together.