1. The name of the unit shall be Queen Anne Elementary PTSA. Local unit number is 6.15.288.
2. This unit is a non-profit corporation recognized by the State of Washington on September 20, 2010. It is the responsibility of this unit to annually renew the Articles of Incorporation prior to September 20.
3. The unit’s UBI assigned by the State of Washington is on record with the Executive Board.
4. The unit was recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under Section 501(c)3 on September 20, 2010.
5. This PTSA serves the children, families, and community of Queen Anne Elementary School.
6. The students of Queen Anne Elementary shall be honorary members of this unit without voice, vote, or privilege of holding office.
7. This unit shall keep at least two copies of its legal documents in two separate locations, such as at the school and in the Treasurer’s Legal Notebook. Final locations for the documents shall be agreed to by the Executive Committee.
8. The Treasurer is responsible for filing the Annual Corporation Report and any tax returns as required by law. The Registered Agent for this PTSA is the Washington State PTSA.
9. Adoption of the budget, standing rules, election of the Nominating Committee and election of Officers shall take place at general membership meetings, to be held at least three times per year. Quorum for general membership meetings is the lesser of 10% of the total membership or 10 members.
10. The general membership of the PTSA shall approve the annual operating budget for the next school year at the final general membership meeting of the year. Permission is given to the Board to reallocate funds as necessary among the areas of focus specified within the operating budget. Directors and Coordinators shall have permission to reallocate funds within their own specified area of focus provided total expenditures do not exceed the original approved amount. Any new area(s) of focus or increase to the total expenditures detailed on the budget must be approved by the General Membership. The budget shall be approved no later than June 30th for the following fiscal year. Exceptions to this timing may be approved by the Executive Committee.
11. The PTSA does not accept donated funds for restricted purposes.
12. This PTSA shall conduct an annual financial review of its books per recommended guidelines of Washington State PTA. An Audit Committee shall be appointed by the Executive Committee and approved by the Board of Directors. The Audit Committee shall consist of three members who are not authorized to sign on any accounts and will conduct the financial review.
13. This unit’s membership service fee shall be set annually by the Board of Directors. The current annual membership fees for this PTSA shall be $15 per individual and $25 per couple per year, without proration.
14. The Nominating Committee shall be elected according to the most recently revised Uniform Bylaws of the Washington Congress of Parents and Teachers (hereinafter known as the “Bylaws”).
15. The elected officers of the unit shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Assistant Treasurer (optional) (“Officers”). The Officers shall be elected in accordance with the Bylaws. These elected Officers shall constitute the “Executive Committee.” Any Officer position may be held jointly by two people.
16. The Board of Directors (“Board”) shall consist of the Executive Committee and “Directors” as follows: a) Communications Director (includes website) b) Facilities Director c) Fundraising Director d) Legislative Director e) Technology Advisory Director f) Social and Emotional Learning Director
17. Directors are appointed by the Executive Committee. Each Director must be a current PTSA member. Director terms are for one year; however, any Director may serve more than one term if designated by the Executive Committee. Any Director position may be held jointly by two people.
18. Quorum for the Board of Directors is a majority of those currently serving on the Board. Each member of the Board will have one vote at Board meetings (even if two people jointly hold the same position).
19. “Coordinators” are non-voting positions and are not part of the Board of Directors; however, they may attend Board meetings and may be asked to attend particular Board meetings as part of their duties. Coordinators shall be appointed by the Executive Committee and approved by the Board of Directors. Recommended Coordinators will be reviewed as needed by the Board, but may include the following position(s): a) Community Outreach and Activities Coordinator b) Enrichment Coordinator (Before/After School) c) Garden Coordinator d) Membership Coordinator e) Parent Volunteer Coordinator
20. Duties of President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, and Secretary are outlined in the Bylaws, with the Executive Board to agree upon the duties of the First and Second Vice Presidents if both positions are filled. Duties of Coordinators are outlined in the document Queen Anne Elementary PTSA Job Descriptions. The Board may vote to modify the job descriptions contained in Queen Anne Elementary PTSA Job Descriptions by a majority vote.
21. The Board of Directors shall meet monthly during the school year, including months when there is a General Membership meeting. The Board shall determine the day and time for each meeting. The Board may vote to cancel a monthly meeting if there is no necessary business for the Board during that month by a majority vote.
22. An Officer or Director position shall be declared vacant if that person misses three consecutive meetings (unless excused by the President).
23. Voting delegates to the Seattle PTSA/PTSA Council shall be the limited to one (1) voting delegate and shall be the President, in accordance with SCPTSA Standing Rules.
24. Voting delegates to the annual WSPTA convention may be elected in conformance with Bylaws.
25. Voting delegates to the Legislative Assembly shall be the Legislative Chairperson, unless otherwise designated by the Board of Directors.
26. The standing rules may be amended by any general membership meeting by a majority vote.
27. Parliamentary authority shall be Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised.
QUEEN ANNE ELEMENTARY PTSA
Our Vision: Create, maintain, and support a healthy and successful environment within the QAE community and support staff, students, and their families in the quest for an excellent education.