This morning, Seattle Public Schools (SPS) notified all bus-riding families that the union representing First Student school bus drivers has called for a second school bus strike starting Thursday, Feb. 1st. Unlike the one-day strike in November, this strike has no pre-determined end date. Schools will operate normally during a strike, regardless of length. SPS will use district website to share information on a regular basis. (See the Bus Service Update story online for updates and FAQ on the homepage.)
QAE staff and our PTSA community want to help impacted families any way we can. QAE’s Bus Strike Response Plan:
- For our bus-riding families, thank you in advance for trying to make alternate transportation arrangements. (Reminder: if students are being picked up by a family member or friend who is not already in the SPS Source Information System as an alternate contact, please send a note with your child.)
- If you are not a bus-riding family but would like to volunteer to help, please:
- Reach out to your child’s friends to arrange car-pooling or play-dates for the days ahead;
- QAE families can look to 'QAE Community Discussions' on Facebook to volunteer or ask for assistance.
- If bus-riding families are unable to make alternate transportation arrangements by Thursday morning, please email Jennifer Connolly - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your child’s name, your address and your contact info. If you are able to make arrangements during the day on Thursday, please update Jennifer.
- Make sure your contact information is up to date so you can be reached quickly.
If you have any questions, email me at email@example.com.
Thank you to our entire community for working together to help our bus-riding families!
Queen Anne Elementary