We hope you had a fantastic summer and are ready for the year ahead. We are looking forward to our QAE activities getting underway!
- 9/6/17 First day of school for 1st – 5th grade:
- Welcoming bell at 7:50 am
- Classes begin at 7:55 am
- School ends at 2:25 pm.
- This is the only Wednesday ending at 2:25. All other Wednesday’s end at 1:10 pm.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday school ends at 2:25
- 9/6/17 Parent Reception at 8 am in the cafeteria
- 9/10/17 Back to School BBQ at Golden Gardens
- 9/11/17 First day of school for Kindergarten
Meet the QAE Staff!
See our QAE Staff page for the complete list!
Classroom Moves: 5th grade classes will be located in the Treehouse next year, as will our Learning Lab. 4th grade classes will be located in the portables.
5th Grade Update
This year, our 5th grade team will follow an innovative instructional model to meet the learning needs of our learners. Every student will learn with both teachers – students will have one teacher in the morning and one teacher in the afternoon. Ms. Shaw will teach both groups math, science and social studies. Ms. Malcom, and Ms. Goldman when she returns from maternity leave, will teach literacy. Our extensive research shows that teachers will be able to focus on these content-rich academic areas in order to deepen student understanding in all subjects. Teachers will coordinate classroom meetings, PBL, IslandWood and field trips together. It will be a fantastic opportunity for our rising fifth grade learners to learn from two teachers as they prepare to shift to middle school next year.
Construction in Progress on Bigalow and Newton
- Bigalow Ave. is under repair next week. SDOT staff will be there to direct traffic. Drivers, please avoid Bigalow next week if you can as it will be slow.
- Newton and Bigalow and Newton and 4th are getting new curbs on the corners. This will make it easier for strollers and bikes! Apologies as this work was to be done in mid-July, but it will be great to have it finished in the next few days. Drivers, please avoid Newton between Bigalow and 4th Ave. if you can.