Always let the school know if your child is going to be absent. Contact Catie Coyle, our new attendance/office assistant via the main QAE office phone number 206-252-2480 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. It's also useful to let your child's teacher know, particularly if it's a longer term absence.
Transportation Issues and Questions
Contact the SPS Transportation department at 206-252-0910 or visit their website. They have the most up to date info of buses and can actually access the drivers. Principal Roy also sends out regular updates via email and there's often discussions in the Facebook QAE Community Discussions group about bus status.
Lunch and Meals
Contact our wonderful Nutritionist/QAE Chef Nancy Buran at 206-252-3589. You can also view your child's balance and add money to purchase breakfast and lunch on the SPS's PayPams site. You can view the current menus for breakfast and lunch.
Lost and Found
Our lost and found located directly inside the main doors of QAE. Have your child take a look if they're missing something. You can also contact the main QAE office number if you have a question - 206-252-2480.
The main QAE Office should be contacted if you're hoping to use space in the building for something outside of regular school hours - 206-252-2480.
There's a number of ways you can keep up with everything that's going on at QAE. Some of it is managed by the school, others by the PTSA.
- Orange folders - these are the ubiquitous folders that go to/from school with the kids. Always check for printed announcements that come from the school or are about PTSA events.
- Emails from Principal Roy - Janine sends out weekly emails and other announcements via email. She uses the email lists provided by SPS.
- Emails from your child's teachers - Some teachers send out updates via email. They usually start with lists provided by SPS and the PTSA, but sometimes add addresses as they get them from parents.
- Emails from classroom coordinators - Each class has a coordinator who sends out weekly emails. They also start with the list provided by the PTSA with additions from the teachers.
- Rocker Reader Newsletters and other emails from the PTSA - these are sent approximately weekly and come via the QAE PTSA's Mailchimp service. We start with those addresses provided when parents fill out the online directory form here.
- Facebook - QAE PTSA page - this is the "official" page for the PTSA. We post announcements, events, etc.
- Facebook - QAE Community Discussions group - this a parent driven group where anyone who is a member can post and comment. It's a helpful way to connect with other families. It's been used for things like updates on late buses.
- Twitter - the PTSA has an account. As does Principal Roy and a number of the teachers.
All these methods have you confused? We get it, there's a lot. If you're not receiving the information you need, feel free to contact the PTSA at email@example.com and we'll try to help. If you aren't hearing from Principal Roy or your teacher/coordinator, contact them to make sure they have the proper email for you.