The PTSA is sponsoring a Chili Cook-off. Join the PTSA at the Queen Anne Community Center from 5:30-8pm on Wednesday, Oct. 5th.
Curriculum Night: Wednesday, Oct. 6th
For new QAE families, Curriculum Night is an annual SPS evening information session for parents. This year, QAE parents/guardians will begin in the cafeteria at 6:30pm for staff introductions and an overview of our five pillars and QAE foundational elements, such as Project Based Learning (PBL), social emotional learning and innovative technology. Then parents/guardians will move to your child’s classroom where your child’s teacher will provide a presentation from the grade group team on academic programs, social emotional learning and supporting your child at home.
Teachers are providing presentations planned by the grade group team this year so that parents can learn about the academic programs, activities and events that are being offered in all classrooms in that grade.
We will begin in the cafeteria at 6:30 pm for staff introductions and an overview of our QAE pillars. A 20-minute presentation will be offered by each classroom teacher at 7 pm and repeated at 7:30pm to accommodate families with more than one child. Beginning at 7:30 pm, Janine Roy will be available in the cafeteria to answer any remaining questions.
The PTSA will be providing childcare. More details will be available soon.
Huge thanks to QAE parents Michele Lisenbury Christensen and Marna Metcalf. This was a highly successful event today, and we want to thank these fabulous parent organizers for this impactful event for our students.
We would like to thank our generous sponsors for their donations:
- SYNC Fitness
- Holley Ring/Russ Katz Windermere Real Estate
- Danielle Williams with Lake & Co. Real Estate, Seattle Home Savvy
- Queen Anne Dispatch
- Snout & Co.
- Cleft Painting Company
- Black Magic DJ
- Once Upon a Time
- Blue Highway Games
- Umpqua Bank
Monthly Assembly: Thursday, Sept. 29th at 1:45 pm
Our first Monthly Assembly was a great success! 5th grade students served as greeters and ushers, and we greatly appreciated their leadership with seating younger students. QAE Explorers were fabulous global citizens as they modeled respectful listening throughout the assembly. Our assembly focused on citizenship and goal-setting. Thank you to those parents who were able to attend. Our Monthly Assemblies will be the last Friday of each month, so our next one will be Oct. 28th at 1:30. The exact start time will be confirmed the week before the assembly.
- If you need to park your car and come onto the school grounds to pick up your child, please park on the street. Drop off/pick up zone on Bigelow is for quick stops for parents remaining in their cars.
- A friendly reminder from a QAE parent to please park in designated parking spaces. Please do not park close to crosswalks or on the corner as we want to ensure that all of our children are safe at all times.
- Please be mindful of recycling/garbage day when parking, as we want to model being good neighbors for our children by not parking too closely to refuse containers. We want to make sure they get picked up!
- Our QAE parent crossing guard is being trained to be a crossing guard at Boston and 4th Ave. This is fantastic news!