Dear QAE families,
Queen Anne Elementary community takes pride in our commitment to making our school environment a welcoming and inclusive place for all our students and families.
In the following weeks, our students will be reading, learning and having conversations around gender diversity. Every class will be reading books from the K-5 Seattle Public Schoolsgender kit and from other resources we have in our school library.
Overall, the K-5 Gender Book Kit aims to:
- Meet the Washington State Health Education Standards for Self-Identity, while aligning with grade-level Literacy Standards;
- Reflect the lived experiences of students, families, and friends;
- Provide accurate, age-appropriate information about gender identity and expression;
- Build empathy for people whose experiences are different from their own;
- Decrease bullying and harassment.
We want to invite you to come and spend some time with other parents in our wonderfullibrary to see the books we will be sharing with students. QAE School Counselor Paulina Cuevas-Vega and QAE Librarian Natalie Van Stone will have the books and resources from the K-5 Gender kit available for QAE parents to read, discuss and learn together.
We think this is an exciting opportunity to get together and have some of those interesting conversations, ask questions and share experiences.
We also believe it will be very helpful for you to know the books and the lessons, so you have the resources and tools to support your children around this topic.
When: Wednesday, March 27th
Choose the time that works best for you:
Sign up by emailing Paulina Cuevas-Vega at email@example.com so we know how many people we need to plan for.
We are looking forward to sharing these great books with you!
To learn more about the K5 gender kit, go to: