We all need as much help as we can get these days so the auction team has created a
ProTips Check List for you!
1. Do Now - Make sure you have an account set up on the QAE Auction site. In other words, rsvp/register. This will allow you to participate in all the ways listed in the steps below. There are four different segments to our virtual community spring celebration and fund drive; direct giving, silent auction, community celebration and live auction. It can be confusing so please read on....
2. Do Now - Contribute a video testimonial for From the Heart, QAE Community Celebration and Fund Drive. A 7-10 second video of you or your child singing, dancing, talking, sharing their art and expressing how their heart feels at school. You can view all of these shared bits of community celebrating the night of our live auction.
3. Do Now - Procure an item, experience or service and directly add to our auction site. The more we have to bid on, the more merrier! It will be included in either the silent or live auction segment.
4. Soon! Order dinner between March 17th and March 22nd! Thanks to one of our local favorite neighborhood restaurants Eden Hill, our auction team has partnered up with family needs in mind. With a vegetarian option, kids meals and cocktails to choose from; take a load off the night of the auction knowing that dinner is on its way the night of our community celebration and live auction.
5. Do Now or Auction Night - It's nice to have choices! You can directly give (fund drive segment) now all the way up to a few days past our live auction. Alternatively, you can participate in "raising you paddle"(virtual auction segment) the evening of March 25th. And...Yes! You can do both.
6. Do Now - Clear your evening calendar for Friday, March 25th as our virtual - Live Auction is happening from 7-8 p.m. This is where fantastic items ranging from a Mexico vacation home to unique QAE student experiences will be auctioned off. These items will be auctioned LIVE, meaning you'll have to be online from 7-8 p.m. in order to bid and win. We'll send out an evening schedule closer to the date but for now set up your account so you don't miss out!
7. Soon! - Bid on the variety of items, experiences and services that our auction team has procured for you! Silent Auction opens this Friday, March 18th! There is something for everyone--kids camps, family yoga, custom built Free Little Library, gift cards and more! Bidding will start this Friday, the 18th, and will close on Sunday, March 27th. Mark your calendars!
That's a lot! Basically, keep your eyes on the Auction site. Remember, you have to rsvp/register, in other words set up an account, in order to participate in most all the ways above. Our goal is to raise $100,000 to support our school and getting every part of the community to feel like they can participate one way or another. We need your help, every family at a level you can afford. We have hope that our community can come together over the next few weeks to support our school (even if it's virtually!). If we've learned anything over the past few years about silver linings it's that our virtual From the Heart Community Celebration and Fund Drive + Auction allows anyone to bid! This includes grandparents, neighbors, far away family members and friends. Anyone can create an account and bid online in the QAE Auction so share it with your friends and family!
From our Heart to Yours, please feel free to reach out with questions at any time.
Comments are closed.
Welcome to the Rocket Reader blog! The PTSA's collection of news & information relevant to QAE Families. This is also shared weekly in the Rocket Reader e-newsletter. Use the form below to sign up!
The Rocket Reader newsletter is sent weekly by the PTSA.
2100 4th Ave N
Seattle WA 98109
Principal: Dan Warren
Administrative: Karen Alvarez
2022-23 On-Site Schedule
7:50am - Opening Bell
7:55am - School Day Begins
2:25pm - Dismissal
Wednesday Early Release
1:10pm - Dismissal