It's almost time for the Jog-A-Thon! We're going strong but need your help hitting our goal of $40,000. Head to the PledgeStar site to make your personalized donation message for your kid which is so easy to share! We'd love to have 100% participation and check out the leaderboard to see how your class is doing.
So much of what we love about our school and school community is supported by PTSA resources and funds raised through the Jog-A-Thon. Did you know the PTSA has been behind the funding of so much good stuff?
- Supporting teachers to get their National Board Certification (by subsidizing their testing)
- Training for all new staff and annual refresher courses for the entire staff in Positive Discipline
- Project Based Learning professional development
- Support for training including skill sets such as working with gender diversity, cultural competence, and mindfulness in the classroom
#2: CLASSROOM & ACADEMIC SUPPORT
- Kindergarten aide for each class
- Resource room tutors
- Dedicated reading specialists
- Family Games Night
- First Day Welcome Coffee
- Back to School Night
- Talent Show
- Summer Playdates
#4: CURRICULUM & CLASSROOMS
- Zones of Regulation (Social Emotional Learning Curriculum)
- Positive discipline tools
- Support with class parties
- Snack (and other) supplies for teachers
- Calm Body Spots and materials to support self-regulation
#5: EXPERIENCES FOR STUDENTS
- Book-It Theatre plays at the school
- Author visits
- Whale Watching field trip scholarships
- IslandWood expedition in 5th Grade
Thanks for supporting the Jog-A-Thon and QAE! We hope to see you at the school on Friday!
Welcome to the Rocket Reader blog! The PTSA's collection of news & information relevant to QAE Families. This is also shared weekly in the Rocket Reader e-newsletter. Use the form below to sign up!
The Rocket Reader newsletter is sent weekly by the PTSA.
Remote Learning (Fall 2020)
8:30am - Start Time
3:30pm - End Time
Further schedule details to be shared by district and Principal Roy.
"Regular" In-Person Schedule
7:30am - Breakfast & Playground Supervision Begins
7:50am - Breakfast Ends, Opening Bell
7:55am - School Day Begins
2:25pm - Dismissal
Wednesday Early Release
1:10pm - Dismissal