The big day is upon us!! A few reminders and ideas:
- Make sure that your student is dressed for the weather and for running (running shoes)
- The weather forecast is for sun and 80 degrees! We will have water stations set up, please consider having your student bring a water bottle so that we don’t use a thousand cups :)
- Pledge envelopes are being collected starting today- if you didn’t send it today, that’s ok, send it tomorrow. If you didn’t have a chance to collect all of your pledges, you can turn your envelope and sponsor form in anyway, and either have the sponsors make their donation online via PayPal on the QAE website, or collect them and turn them in next week with a copy of your sponsor sheet or notation about who they are from. Our financial goal is $100 or more per student, but our other very important goal is 100% participation- every envelope and every student who contributes their effort counts!
- Come join the fun!! You are invited and encouraged to come cheer them on – or lace up your running shoes and run with them!
- Bring your camera! We would love to have lots of photographers there to document the fun.
Here’s the schedule:
1:15 Kick off
1:30-2:15 First group runs- Kindergarten and 1st graders
2:25- 3:10 Second group runs- 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th graders
Thank you to all of the volunteers who are coming to help tomorrow—please check in for your t-shirt, information, and assignment in room 140 in the east hallway of the brick building.
Thank you also to all of our local business sponsors- their donations cover the cost of t-shirts for every student, and also include refreshments and prizes! They are:
Queen Anne Dispatch
Holley Ring real estate
Leone & Vaughn orthodontists
Sela's Small Couture
Blue Highway Games
See you tomorrow! Any questions please contact Holley Ring email@example.com or Natalie Carlson firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the Rocket Reader blog! The PTSA's collection of news & information relevant to QAE Families. This is also shared weekly in the Rocket Reader e-newsletter. Use the form below to sign up!
The Rocket Reader newsletter is sent weekly by the PTSA.